How to submit to Expressing Motherhood:
Expressing Motherhood accepts monologues, skits, songs, dances, etc.
The first person ever cast was a gay father. That being said you need not be a mom, the story just has to be yours and pertain to motherhood.
Tips for a great submission:
- Write a piece that is no longer then 5 minutes when read aloud. You can memorize it or bring your notes up.
- Short is sweet
- Make your piece specific and personal. Stay away from broad, “motherhood is hard” pieces.
- Your piece must be about your story regarding motherhood.
- Make sure you can attend both rehearsals and all performances
- Write your name on your piece
- Send it as a Word document or in the body of an e-mail
- Email your piece to the Local Producer running the show
Participants must attend ALL rehearsals and performances.
Silver Lake, California
The Lyric Hyperion
Submissions November 25-27 only.
One rehearsal Friday, January 18th 10A-2P
Performances on Saturday, Jaunary 19th @7PM and Sunday, January 20th @7PM
Send Submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or click the submission button below to get started.
Silver Lake, California 2019
February, March, April shows will be accepted December 10th-12th. Please let me know which month you are applying for. You can apply for more than one month.