How to submit to Expressing Motherhood:
Expressing Motherhood accepts monologues, skits, songs, dances, etc.
The first person ever cast was a gay father. That being said you need not be a mom, the story just has to be yours and pertain to motherhood.
Tips for a great submission:
- Write a piece that is no longer then 5 minutes when read aloud. You can memorize it or bring your notes up.
- Short is sweet
- Make your piece specific and personal. Stay away from broad, “motherhood is hard” pieces.
- Your piece must be about your story regarding motherhood.
- Make sure you can attend both rehearsals and all performances
- Write your name on your piece
- Send it as a Word document or in the body of an e-mail
- Email your piece to the Local Producer running the show
Participants must attend ALL rehearsals and performances.
You can subscribe to our mailing list, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter or Instagram to be kept abreast of all upcoming shows.