How to submit to Expressing Motherhood:
Expressing Motherhood accepts monologues, skits, songs, dances, etc.
The first person ever cast was a gay father. That being said you need not be a mom, the story just has to be yours and pertain to motherhood.
Tips for a great submission:
- Write a piece that is no longer then 5 minutes when read aloud. You can memorize it or bring your notes up.
- Short is sweet
- Make your piece specific and personal. Stay away from broad, “motherhood is hard” pieces.
- Your piece must be about your story regarding motherhood.
- Make sure you can attend both rehearsals and all performances
- Write your name on your piece
- Send it as a Word document or in the body of an e-mail
- Email your piece to the Local Producer running the show
Participants must attend ALL rehearsals and performances.
We are thrilled to be bringing Expressing Motherhood to Burlington, Vermont for the very first time. ExMoShow alum Sher Tsai was in our Boston 2010 show and has since then made Burlington her home. She is going to be the Local Producer of this show.
Main Street Landing Performing Arts Center
Submissions accepted May 1 – 7
One rehearsal Wednesday, November 7th 6PM-10PM
Performance on Thursday, November 8th 7PM & **Possible Friday, November 9th if the 8th sells out we will add the 9th show.
The Lyric Hyperion
Send Submissions to burlington(at)expressingmotherhood.com