How to submit to Expressing Motherhood:
Expressing Motherhood accepts monologues, skits, songs, dances, etc.
The first person ever cast was a gay father. That being said you need not be a mom, the story just has to be yours and pertain to motherhood.
Tips for a great submission:
- Write a piece that is no longer then 5 minutes when read aloud. You can memorize it or bring your notes up.
- Short is sweet
- Make your piece specific and personal. Stay away from broad, “motherhood is hard” pieces.
- Your piece must be about your story regarding motherhood.
- Make sure you can attend both rehearsals and all performances
- Write your name on your piece
- Send it as a Word document or in the body of an e-mail
- Email your piece to the Local Producer running the show
Participants must attend ALL rehearsals and performances.
Accepting submissions February 20th-23rd for our Boston show
All performers must attend rehearsal:
May 11th 10AM-2PM
Show, May 12th 4PM
Send submissions to Boston Local Producer Robin Golinski February 20th-23rd boston (at) expressingmotherhood.com
Submissions are now being accepted for our first ever time in Connecticut, submissions close May 1st.
We will be at Thrown Stones Theatre, July 23rd for a 7PM and 9PM show
- Submissions deadline: May 1, 2019
- Performance Date/Times: Tuesday, July 23rd 7pm & 9pm
- Mandatory Rehearsal: Saturday, July 20th 9am-1pm
Click here to submit