How to submit to Expressing Motherhood:
Expressing Motherhood accepts monologues, skits, songs, dances, etc.
The first person ever cast was a gay father. That being said you need not be a mom, the story just has to be yours and pertain to motherhood.
Tips for a great submission:
- Write a piece that is no longer then 5 minutes when read aloud. You can memorize it or bring your notes up.
- Short is sweet!
- Make your piece specific and personal. Stay away from broad, “motherhood is hard” pieces.
- Your piece must be about your story regarding motherhood.
- Make sure you can attend both rehearsals and all performances
- Write your name on your piece
- Send it as a Word document or in the body of an e-mail
- Email your piece to Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants must attend ALL rehearsals and performances.
Silver Lake, California
Submissions accepted January 15-20
One rehearsal Monday, April 23rd 10AM-2PM
Performances on Tuesday, April 24th & Wednesday, April 25th 7PM, Call Time 6PM
The Lyric Hyperion
Send Submissions to la(at)expressingmotherhood.com