Submissions accepted April 10th – April 14th
Performers announced April 17th
One rehearsal on Friday, July 14th from 6:30 – 9:00pm
Performance on Saturday, July 15th at 7:00pm
St. Joseph’s Auditorium in Hoffmann Hall
1450 Alta Vista St, Dubuque, IA 52001
How to submit to Expressing Motherhood:
Expressing Motherhood accepts monologues, skits, song, dance, etc.
The first person ever cast was a gay father. That being said you need not be a mom, the story just has to be yours and pertain to motherhood.
Tips for a great submission:
- Write a piece that is no longer then 5 minutes when read aloud. You can memorize it or bring your notes up.
- Short is sweet!
- Make your piece specific and personal. Stay away from broad, “motherhood is hard” pieces.
- Your piece must be about your story regarding motherhood.
- Make sure you can attend both rehearsals and all performances
- Write your name on your piece
- Send it as a Word document or in the body of an e-mail
- Email your piece to Lindsay at email@example.com
You must be able to attend ALL rehearsals and performances.